Acknowledgments of Journal of Science and Technology Research reviewer/January 2021
Reviewing a manuscript written by a fellow scientist is a privilege. However, it is a time-consuming responsibility. Hence, JSTR’s Editorial Board, authors, and audiences appreciate your willingness to accept this responsibility and your dedication. JSTR adheres to a double-blind peer-review process that is rapid, fair, and ensures a high quality of articles published. In so doing, JSTR needs reviewers who can provide insightful and helpful comments on submitted manuscripts with a turn around time of about 6 weeks. Maintaining JSTR as a scientific journal of high quality depends on reviewers with a high level of expertise and an ability to be objective, fair, and insightful in their evaluation of manuscripts.
If ECC’s Editor-in-Chief has invited you to review a manuscript, please consider the following:
- Reviewing manuscript critically but constructively and preparing detailed comments about the manuscript to help authors improve their work
- Reviewing multiple versions of a manuscript as necessary
- Providing all required information within established deadlines
- Making recommendations to the editor regarding the suitability of the manuscript for publication in the journal
- Declaring to the editor any potential conflicts of interest with respect to the authors or the content of a manuscript they are asked to review
- Reporting possible research misconducts
- Suggesting alternative reviewers in case they cannot review the manuscript for any reasons
- Treating the manuscript as a confidential document
- Not making any use of the work described in the manuscript
- Not communicating directly with authors, if somehow they identify the authors
- Not identifying themselves to authors
- Not passing on the assigned manuscript to another reviewer
- Ensuring that the manuscript is of high quality and original work
- Informing the editor if he/she finds the assigned manuscript is under consideration in any other publication to his/her knowledge
- Writing review report in English only
- Authoring a commentary for publication related to the reviewed manuscript
WHAT SHOULD BE CHECKED WHILE REVIEWING A MANUSCRIPT?
- Scientific reliability
- Valuable contribution to the science
- Adding new aspects to the existed field of study
- Ethical aspects
- Structure of the article submitted and its relevance to authors’ guidelines
- References provided to substantiate the content
- Grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Scientific misconduct
Peer reviewers are key to advancing scholarship and contributing to the quality of scholarly journals. We would like to thank the following reviewers who have taken part in the peer-review process for Journal of Science and Technology Research(JSTR).
Manuscripts not adhering to journal guidelines will be returned to authors without scientific evaluation. Submitted manuscripts adhering to journal guidelines are reviewed by the Editor-in-Chief or an Editor, who will assign them to reviewers. The Editorial Board prepares a decision letter according to the comments of the reviewers, which is sent to the corresponding author. All non-reviewed manuscripts are sent back within 10 days and decisions letters of manuscripts are sent within 4-6 weeks.
You can find the short training about reviewing: Publons Academy On Demand Webinar
We wanted to remind you about our free, online peer review training course -- the Publons Academy.
Basic Medicine, Biochemistry
Northeast Normal University, Institute of Functional Material Chemistry, Changchun City, Jilin, China
Department of Research and Development, UOP, Vian, Austria
Master of Industrial Engineering-Management and Productivity, Health Systems Researcher, Firoozgar Hospital Clinical Development and Research Center
Department of Chemical Engineering
Masoud Bagheri Sadr
Centre for Sustainable Infrastructure, Department of Civil and Construction Engineering, Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia
Department of Chemical Engineering, Mahshahr Branch, Islamic Azad University, Mahshahr, Iran.
Department of Research and Development, UOP, Texas, U.S.A
University of Baghdad
Kim Lo Han
Zainab F. Mahdi
University of Baghdad
Department of Chemical Engineering, Calgary University, Canada
Ph.D. of Science in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineer &amp; Risk Specialist in Industries, Iran
Department of Research and Development, UOP, USA